About Cee Kay Supply, Inc., St. Louis Specialty Gas Supplier Cee Kay Supply, a St. Louis-based company, opened for business on November 3, 1948 as a distributor for National Cylinder Gas Company, a manufacturer of gases and welding equipment. Cee Kay was founded by Ralph Chase and Ralph Knight. They derived the name of Cee Kay by using the “C” from Chase and the “K” from Knight. On August 22, 1951, Chase and Knight sold the assets of the company to Homer Fudge. At that time, Paul Dunn was a Service Technician with National Cylinder Gas Company and Cee Kay Supply was one of his customers. In April of 1955, Paul Dunn became the Sales Manager for Cee Kay Supply. On December 6, 1955, Dunn purchased all of the stock of Cee Kay Supply from Homer Fudge. When Dunn purchased the company, there were three employees: Paul Dunn, one truck driver and one bookkeeper. Also at that time, Cee Kay operated with one truck and utilized a building with space between 3,000-5,000 square feet. The growth of the company exceeded the space available. In 1957, Cee Kay moved to new facilities on Folsom Avenue. Cee Kay experienced continued growth for the next 24 years. Sales grew from $100,000 per year and three employees to $2.6 million and 18 employees. Paul Dunn retired in March of 1979, and his son, Tom Dunn, took over as President of the company. Expansion plans for a new 20,000 square foot office/warehouse began and in 1985 Cee Kay moved into their new facility across the street. For the next 16 years, Cee Kay expanded by adding three more branch locations to the west of St. Louis and two locations in Illinois, to better serve their customers. In November of 1997, Cee Kay had an opportunity to move its headquarters two miles west to a 120,000 square foot building on six acres. The new headquarters on Manchester Road, between I-44 & Highway 40, enables Cee Kay to better serve customers by having everything under one roof. Cee Kay Supply currently services within a 100-mile radius of the St. Louis metropolitan area.